MANAGER, MARKETING RESEARCH
Looking to join a company in the midst of a digital transformation where the consumer is king and talent, technology and data are our greatest resources? Keep reading to see if this opportunity is of interest to you!
The Marketing Research Director will report to the Head of Market Intelligence. This role will be accountable for the successful operation of custom research projects focused on collecting feedback, data and insights from consumers and business customers. This will be specifically focused on quantitative user/customer surveys and qualitative research.
A Day in the Life
- You will be working on a range of projects including issue specific in depth research, tracking studies like brand, customer satisfaction and customer care net promoter studies, strategic planning studies like segmentation research and Renter/Owner Journey studies that maps out the process people use to find a new home
- You will create actionable insights from data that you will analyze and convey to stakeholders/leaders/teams in a way that is easy to understand and draw conclusions from
- You will be known as the subject matter expert for all surveys, in-depth interviews, and focus groups; including the design and implementation of these methods of research
- You will negotiate and discuss objections and goal options with clients in the product and marketing/advertising/PR groups and any other functions as needed
- You will ensure client needs, as a product or service, are understood and translated to ensure that the clients get what they need - addressing their goals and objectives
- Surveys and questionnaires are designed, developed, programmed, and administered through survey platforms Alchemer and Usertesting.com
- Studies are primarily executed through our existing email databases of renters, landlords and business owners as well as on-site renter traffic. This person will need to work with support groups in IT, Business Insights and the Salesforce support teams to automate studies
- You will ensure data collection activity is quality control checked, accurate and valid, and work with that data to create reports for our clients.
What We Need from You
- You are an expert at developing surveys, analyzing results, creating actionable insights and presenting results to stakeholders (we do a high volume of custom work and this role will operate as our primary in-house custom research company)
- You are an expert in the use of data survey platforms like Alchemer, Survey Monkey, Qualtrics and UserTesting.com – you should be able to integrate survey projects with email campaign teams, IT teams, Salesforce teams and be able to transfer data to Business Insights and create easy to use, client friendly reports
- You have 5-10 years of experience within Market Research/Consumer Experience/Data Analytics
- You have demonstrated success negotiating with clients, designing studies, analyzing and presenting data, and doing market research for both clients and customers
- You have experience presenting specifically to C-Suite executives or high-level executives
- Master’s degree in Market Research (Preferred)