RentPath (a division of Redfin) is looking for Sr. Manager, Enterprise Data & Analytics to provide support to business partners while creating and promoting standards within the reporting and analytics space.
The Sr. Manager, Enterprise Data & Analytics will direct the efforts of 4-8 BI engineers. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance. You will provide project management support to the greater Data & Analytics team which includes intake and prioritization, resource allocation and project development and delivery. Your responsibilities will also include staffing, the development of standards while also working to promote employee training and process improvements.
A Day in the Life….
- Head of Reporting & Analytics: The Senior manager, Analytics oversees and monitors all activities of the Data & Analytics team in conjunction with the Lead BI and DE Manager roles on the team. Supports other business units and departmental leaders by supplying strategic data and visualization solutions that provide visibility into new products, operations, segments, traffic and business process improvements at RentPath.
- Internal Alignment: Corporate strategy and KPI’s are understood and the goals, measures and initiatives of the D&A team are kept in alignment with these outcomes. The Sr. Manager, Analytics acts within an advisory capacity to guide internal business partners to the appropriate reporting and analytics solutions.
- Understanding the core business:This role will understand corporate strategy, KPIs, and align the output of the D&A team to those measures, goals and initiatives. Will be expected to provide [or to grow into] a consultative and advisory role in order to guide internal business partners to the appropriate reporting and analytics solution.
- Business Liaison: The Sr. Manager, Analytics has a reputation for developing and maintaining relationships between the business and the visualization and engineering stacks on the D&A team. He/She will manage internal client expectations, discuss and socialize D&A resource plans, and solicit feedback on team deliveries and engagements.
- Resource Alignment: Requests are analyzed from a technical business perspective to ensure the appropriate resources in data engineering, visualization, and other internal teams are distributed to develop high value end-to-end solutions.
- Intake, prioritization and delivery: A solid relationship with internal department heads and executives exists and the execution of project deliverables can be expected on time, and at a high quality. Works closely with the internal departmental heads and executives in an effort to guarantee the delivery of high-quality execution of the diverse array of project deliverables. Works closely with key leaders to analyze business questions, develop requirements and stories and prioritize deliverables into manageable and meaningful releases (MVPs). Solicits feedback on deliveries and incorporates that feedback into process improvements
What we need from You:
- BA/BS/MA/MS in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems, Applied Math, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- 5-7 years of working experience in a data analytics or data warehousing department, preferably working as a lead or senior developer
- Demonstrated experience in business process analysis, data architecture design and development as well as the execution of workflow enabled processes such as Agile.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to clearly communicate instructions and requirements or stories down to the reporting and analytics and data engineering personnel to effectively execute their duties.
- Skilled in transforming data and affecting business processes in order to support data governance and integrity.
- In-depth technical experience with enterprise data warehouse solutions, statistical analysis tools, business intelligence platforms, and data visualization applications.
- Detail oriented, comfortable working in a collaborative setting, working with business senior executives, self-motivated requiring minimal supervision.
- Proactive and a creative strategic and independent thinker.
- Superior problem-solving skills, an ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight-deadlines, a positive can-do attitude, and demonstrate calmness and composure in times of uncertainty and stress.