Lead Enterprise Data Analytics & Reporting Analyst
Looking to join a company in the midst of a digital transformation where the consumer is king and talent, technology and data are our greatest resources? Keep reading to see if this opportunity is of interest to you!
RentPath is looking for a Lead Enterprise Data Analytics & Reporting Analyst to provide technical expertise and guidance in the development and support of Enterprise Power BI, SSRS and Data solutions for RentPath, LLC. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance and will manage the delivery efforts of 2-4 developers and will be responsible for development standards, administration of the PBI Service, delivery on initiatives and interaction with the greater RentPath organization.
A Day in the Life
The Lead Enterprise Data Analytics & Reporting Analyst will be expected to consistently deliver top quartile outcomes in the following:
- Strong Business Analyst – Gaps are eliminated amongst technical and/or business owners. The fundamentals of our business and how we operate are clearly understood amongst Sales, B2B, B2C, Finance and IT work streams, how our business is on the best course of action for D&A, and translate this consensus into actionable insights.
- Strategic Alignment – All projects in the pipeline are prioritized effectively and business owners are partnered with for resolutions; the LEAR provides an objective lens through a D&A perspective on what priorities align best with the strategic goals for the company.
- Power BI Ownership- A normalized look-and-feel of all Power BI-based user interfaces and reports are delivered, type and volume of break/fix work on existing reports and dashboards is monitored, and visualization tools and reports are migrated to PowerBI through a consistent set of data definitions and data governance rules that help standardize how the company looks at key performance metrics so that we are all speaking one version of truth
What We Need from You
- Experience balancing the technical development and the D&A delivery pipeline to ensure that the highest value-add projects and MVPS are delivered on time and with little to no defects.
- Proficiency in PowerBI to effectively manage work spaces, permissions, group management, and gateway administration
- Proficient experience working with SQL, common data sources and structures such as star, snowflake and unstructured data as well as legacy SSRS, SSAS, SSIS objects to enable efficient PBI data modeling for enterprise level reporting and analytics.
- Experience effectively working with the following platforms/dashboards/reports:
- Power BI Premium, Power BI Embedded, Power BI Desktop and DAX
- Power BI Service Administration, Office 365/Azure Administration to include managing the Power BI premium licensee
- Strong expertise with Power BI development and administration to include the creation and enforcement of Enterprise standards
- Experience building analysis Services reporting models in support of the legacy reporting infrastructure.
- Experience developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Expertise connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Excellent analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Ability to implement row level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set.
- Ability to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with warehouse standards.
- Strong knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse, PolyBase, Visual Studio, etc.
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation.