RenoRun was born from an idea conceptualized by three construction veterans who were having their usual coffee run at Tim Hortons. After so many years of working in the industry, so much of their time was consumed by going to and forth from the construction site to get the materials needed for the job. Realizing this was a major pain point in the industry, they decided to disrupt the way construction professionals purchased and received their materials.
This forward-thinking and innovative tech company is a market leader as the fastest-growing materials supplier, delivering to Canadian and US cities. To contractors, renovators and craftsmen, RenoRun is a one-stop-shop provider to getting quality materials, from anywhere, anytime, simply and reliably.
Our Technology & Security teams are growing, and we are looking for a Head of Technology & Security. As the Head of Technology & Security, you will be responsible for driving our Technology functions (End-User Services, Cloud Ops, IT Governance, etc.) and Security to support the rapid company growth, establishing strategic relationships with various functions across the company and with vendors to lead the evolution of our company. We are seeking a leader whom has a track record of building a diverse and high-functioning team of technology and security professionals.
***Please note that this is a remote role and can be based out of the US or Canada, and/or work from one of our locations in Montreal, QC, Toronto, ON or Ottawa, ON ***
What You'll Do:
- Lead and scale the Technology and Security functions, reporting to our CTO
- Create a standard of excellence by establishing procedures, tools and infrastructure that support the needs of a fast-growing company, embracing external partners where appropriate, and enabling self-service for optimal employee experience.
- Work with leadership across the organization to identify business needs to optimize the use of information technology.
- Use data to identify trends, drive decisions, and create a continuous improvement cycle.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training for Technology and Security teammates
- Foster an inclusive culture and inspire a diverse team with your excellence in communication, vision and strategy
What you'll bring:
- You have at least 12-15 years of working experience in the respective areas within Technology and Security, with at least 5+ years in scaling/building diverse teams and collaborative teams in a scale up environment.
- Demonstrable experience scaling technology teams in high-growth businesses
- Experience implementing standard methodologies for ITSM, identity access management, endpoint/device management, incident, knowledge and change management
- Experience building and managing globally dispersed teams, including external service providers
- Excellent analytical skills accompanied by proven decision-making experience.
- A strong security and compliance mentality
- Superb communication skills, the ability to build a supportive and inclusive team culture
What we offer:
- Health, dental & vision insurance effective immediately
- RRSP matching program
- Free access to healthcare professionals via a virtual care application
- Flexible working environment and schedule - be comfortable working from home
- Unlimited vacation
- Save on snacks thanks to our well-stocked kitchen
Why You Should Work With Us:
We know building and renovation. We are industry leaders.
We make puns. We have fun.
We cut to the point because we value people's time.
We are culture-driven. We care a lot. And we say it.
Thank you for your interest in RenoRun!
For more information visit www.renorun.com
At RenoRun, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse identities, backgrounds, abilities, and minds that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. RenoRun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.