Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, as well as alumni of top companies, including Microsoft, Amazon, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, Google, Cityblock Health, AppNexus, The New York Times, and GoodRx. To date, we have raised $13M in funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
Renew Health is seeking an Implementation Manager to coordinate all activities required to implement a new health plan client. In this role, you’ll report to the Chief Growth Officer as part of the Go-to-Market team. You’ll use your knowledge of PBM and managed care plan operations to create and own the project plan to onboard the client. You will be responsible for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of the project.
- Build an excellent, trust-based working relationship with the client
- Develop and own the overall implementation project plan to onboard the client
- Work closely with the Renew PBM Operations and Tech teams and with external Renew partners to gather inputs from the client and provide specifications to the client to support integration requirements
- Learn client benefits and work with internal and external project stakeholders to ensure they are configured correctly into the claims processing and other systems
- Act as internal expert on the claims processing system and inputs
- Understand client intent and expectations and represent the voice of the client to the Renew team
- Track and report progress across all implementation tasks and deliverables
- Identify and mitigate risks to the implementation project plan, including proactively communicating, escalating, and resolving issues internally and with the client
- Facilitate conference calls and meetings with both the client and the Renew team to discuss key implementation topics and review implementation progress
- Secure internal leadership and client approval and sign-off on all milestones
- Conduct post-mortems of the project to identify successful and unsuccessful project components, recommend improvements based on lessons learned, and implement future changes
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited school or equivalent work experience.
- Three years’ experience in pharmacy benefits management or managed care
- Experience managing complex projects including use of project management tools and methodologies
- Superior proficiency in PBM claims system and configuration
- PMP or PMI certification preferred
- Prior Medicare Part D experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, dynamic personality who works well in a team environment and is also an effective individual contributor
- Ability to travel 25-50%, including overnight travel
- Willingness to be available for periodic early morning meetings to accommodate East Coast-based stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
- Willingness to relocate to Los Angeles (if living elsewhere)