Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, as well as alumni of top companies, including Microsoft, Amazon, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, Google, Cityblock Health, AppNexus, The New York Times, and GoodRx. To date, we have raised $13M in funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
Renew Health is seeking an Account Manager to lead day-to-day activities required to service a health plan client. In this role, you’ll report to the Chief Growth Officer as part of the Go-to-Market team. During client implementation, you will work closely with the Renew implementation manager to understand current client operations, set up Renew workflows necessary to track and respond to client requests, and create and adapt standard reports as needed. Post go-live, you will be responsible for tracking and responding to client inquiries, monitoring operational performance, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to solve client problems. You will be the front line in maintaining a positive client experience.
- Establish a positive, trust-based working relationship with the client
- Serve as an internal expert on client benefits and operations
- Understand client intent and expectations and represent the voice of the client to the Renew team
- Create and adapt Renew workflows, reports, and procedures to meet client needs
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify practical and creative solutions to client issues
- Maintain daily communications with the client to ensure accurate, responsive service
- Research, resolve, or escalate any client/member issues that arise
- Proactively communicate major client needs and problems to senior leadership and recommend solutions
- Project manage all issues to resolution
- Monitor and report on operational metrics
- Hold weekly operations calls with the client
- Visit the client site at least quarterly for operational reviews
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited school or equivalent work experience.
- Three years’ experience in pharmacy benefits management or managed care
- Three years’ account management experience preferred
- Prior Medicare Part D experience preferred
- Understanding of claims processing and financial implications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, dynamic personality who works well in a team environment and is also an effective individual contributor
- Ability to travel 10-25% to meet with team members who are based in Los Angeles (Renew Health HQ)
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
- Position will be based in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area