Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Oracle, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, AppNexus, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
- Partner with CTO and compliance team to develop and implement information security standards and procedures, across software development, cloud server architecture, and endpoint management solutions
- Evaluate, integrate, and manage third-party security products and software
- Utilize vulnerability assessment tools to monitor and report on security vulnerabilities and coordinate remediation activities
- Streamline and automate infrastructure and security-related tasks
- Create and maintain documentation for critical infrastructure and security systems
- Coordinate and support penetration testing exercises with external vendors
- Collaborate with application engineers to design and implement security features for system architectures
- Audit and monitor configuration of critical cloud-based systems (e.g. AWS, GSuite, Github)
- Create internal dashboards providing visibility into key system metrics
- Champion security best practices across the Technology organization
- 3+ years of experience in an information or infrastructure security role
- 2+ years of experience with securing cloud-based infrastructure systems, preferably AWS
- Living near or willing to relocate to Los Angeles area
- Strong understanding of modern development practices and secure coding principles (experience with Python/Go preferred)
- Strong understanding of identity and access management concepts in a cloud-based, service-oriented environment
- Deep understanding of security vulnerability assessment and mitigation tools and techniques
- Extreme attention to detail
- Software development experience, including developing or supporting backend web applications and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with immutable infrastructure paradigms and familiarity with tools such as Terraform
- Experience with container-based production architectures (e.g. Docker, Amazon ECS)