Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Oracle, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, AppNexus, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
Renew Health is seeking a Chief Pharmacist to help shape, lead, and build one of the key differentiating components of our business--an innovative approach to formulary design that lowers the total cost of care and maximizes health for our members, approaches prescriber utilization management and behavior change creatively, and develops highly effective clinical services.
Working closely with the Chief Medical Officer and leaders across the company, the Chief Pharmacist will play a central role in shaping core building blocks of our business, including pharmacy network partners, external partners, and develop strategies and protocols for medication management.
- Bring deep pharmacy experience and visionary leadership to our overall clinical program strategy
- Help develop our pharmacy and specialty pharmacy strategy and network
- Engage with partners (payers, others PBMs, and manufacturers) to build collaborative business relationships
- Build an approach that delivers exceptional Star measure performance (4.5+ Stars)
- Design, implement, and manage a formulary strategy that ensures access for our members, manages costs for our clients, and supports our broader clinical vision
- Implement core clinical pharmacy programs (e.g. medication therapy management) that meet or exceed performance goals and satisfy all regulatory requirements
- Help develop and bring to life distinctive, innovative clinical services focused on opportunities such as specialty drug management, polypharmacy, medication safety, house-call services, and in-office dispensing
- Support development of Renew Health’s clinical IP and protocols around medication management in consultation with industry experts
- Partner with Operations and Actuarial to support a wide range of pharmacy business activities, including trend analysis and forecasting, Medicare bid process, and key negotiations with partners
- Help recruit a talented, multidisciplinary clinical services team to support the build out of our in-market services footprint
- Partner with Compliance team to ensure full compliance of clinical programs with all relevant client and regulatory requirements
Qualifications and experience:
- 10-15 years (VP or higher) of progressive clinical pharmacy experience at a major PBM or health plan
- Track record of launching innovative clinical pharmacy programs that drive outcomes
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Medicare programs
- Ability to work collaboratively and credibly in the field with clinicians across disciplines
- Experience with negotiations across pharmacy value chain
- Pharmacy degree (B Pharm or higher) and active Registered Pharmacist license
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive and bias to action in the face of ambiguity
- Sense of humor and humility
- Willingness to relocate to Los Angeles (if living elsewhere)