At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches, so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With tens of thousands of customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're onto something big.
Applying to Render:
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the role:
Render's mission is to eliminate the undifferentiated work that goes into building software products by offering an easy-to-use, powerful cloud platform for developer teams of all sizes.
By joining us at an early stage, you will design and build the cloud platform you've always wanted for yourself, and make decisions that will shape our product and company, directly impacting developers around the globe.
The challenge is in building the right user-facing features and abstractions that make simple application deployments effortless and complex application deployments possible. User experience is our primary focus and drives everything we do. As a Product Engineer at Render, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of full stack projects. You should already have experience building products across the stack and have a keen understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases and multiple backend languages.
- Deliver new features and user experience improvements to make the Render platform more powerful and valuable to our users.
- Collaborate closely with design, product, other engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Help evolve and mature the Render codebase and technology as the product scales and increases in complexity over time.
- Participate in team planning, roadmapping, and goal-setting.
- Help shape team culture and practices as the company scales.
- Participate in our on-call rotation with the rest of the engineering team.
We’re looking for:
- Professional experience shipping software. Bonus points if you’ve excelled at a small, high-growth startup.
- Experience collaborating with product and design stakeholders.
- Experience wearing multiple hats and working across the stack, both collaboratively and independently.
- Strong understanding of web frameworks, APIs, and databases, and experience working with multiple programming languages.
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to make pragmatic decisions about your work.
- Familiarity with modern tooling for software build and deploy processes.
- Familiarity building for product-driven growth and modern enterprise audiences.
- Experience with any of the technologies the Render product runs on: Go, Typescript, React, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $140,000 and $190,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend.
- Monthly mental health stipend.
- Commuter benefits for Renders in the Bay Area, and home office stipends for remote Renders.
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!