Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Manage a quickly growing and business-critical team.
- Increase the level of team maturity. Mentor and inspire, give and seek feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, as well as new functions and features.
- Contribute to hiring and retaining product designers; help to shape the team culture.
- Ability to provide clear feedback and direction to designers on your team without being overly prescriptive.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining our design system, participate in team critiques and reviews, assist in user research, organize customer events and design workshops.
What you bring
- You have experience developing designers’ skills and careers.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of simplicity, typography, interactions and product design.
- You have experience recruiting and building product design teams.
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying user research insights to your design.
- Demonstrates an elevated and expanded expertise in their role and best practices.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Effectively prioritizing and delivering their role's expected outcomes and proactively assisting colleagues where needed to help the team's success.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- You'll report to: Product Design Director
- Team: Product Design
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from specific regions of the world as we encourage our teams to diversify
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $52,300 - $176,600K. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with another manager
- Interview with cross functional partners and team members (no managers present)
- Second interview with cross functional partners and potential direct reports (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email email@example.com