Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Highly motivated, strategic focus: ability to understand and support the Legal Team's goals, services, values and strategy and manage the team of Legal Ops Specialists deliver this support to all legal team members (i.e. all functional areas). People management responsibilities depending on relevant experience.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills including record keeping, data collection, and systematising information. Ability to compile and analyze information and deliver the same in a format which is both detailed and informative. Contribute to internal knowledge bases so that our colleagues can increasingly self-serve.
- Taking responsibility for the strategy and process around internal communications including goals and SLA tracking, management reporting and KPI tracking.
- Knowledge management component - Provide ongoing individual and group team member training on knowledge base tools, resources, and best practices. Evaluate and implement new and innovative knowledge management and research tools and resources based on Remote and Legal's needs; participate in technology pilots and assessments.
- Create, develop, and improve on the internal operations of the Legal Team, including optimizing email inbox and physical mail monitoring and processing, invoice process, triaging, documentation, and data reporting.
- Design and implement improvements for our Legal Product Team, including developing SOPs for our internal contract system, automating and improving (where possible) processes for Lifecycle, Onboarding, and Sales, creating efficiencies to better serve Remote’s Clients and Employees. While leading and streamlining legal operation processes as the primary user, administrator, and coordinator for the Legal Team’s billing software tool.
What you bring
- Legal background and training with several years practicing experience preferred, but non-lawyers with a great understanding of legal practice also considered
- Figures out solutions rather than just escalating problems
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team members throughout the organization
- Dependable team player with high energy, creativity and vision who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to learn and master Remote's communication application (Slack), contract management system (Juro & Remote web platform), documentation sources (Notion, Google Drive, etc.), and task management system (Kissflow)
- You'll report to: Legal Manager
- Team: Legal
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from the following locations as we encourage our teams to diversify; United Kingdom and Ireland
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with managers of the legal team
- Interview with team members
- Interview with General counsel
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
See how to convert your CV to PDF here.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org