Remote is on a mission to improve the lives of people across the globe. We allow anyone, anywhere to access the global economy, exercising their amazing talents to generate wealth without sacrificing what matters most: the cultural and social connections where they live. We help businesses big and small employ a global team by handling all their payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance needs. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more.
Remote is also a company with strong values that we practice explicitly every day. You will see Transparency, Excellence, Ambition, Kindness, and Ownership of customer outcomes in action every time you interact with a Remoter. For example, our company handbook is public (Transparency!) — take a look take a look to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here
We are a global company that values diversity. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Director of Product, Payroll and Benefits. You'll have a massive impact on our organization, and will help create opportunities for millions of people around the world.
As a Director of Product at Remote, you'll be lead a team of product managers and own the product strategy in your area, in collaboration with key stakeholders. As part of the Product leadership team, you’ll raise the bar for our product management discipline at Remote by fostering a team of kind, talented individuals doing the most impactful work of their careers.
- 8+ years in product management, ideally at high-growth companies
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience leading teams of high-performing product managers
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, especially with senior leadership and operational/specialist counterparts
- A strong sense of design and UX
- A passion for products that just work, even if the problems they solve are boring and complicated
- Bonus: experience working in payroll, HR, benefits, fintech, or similar highly complex, operational field
- Bonus: working in an environment that practices Service Design
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
What this job can offer you
- Have an incredible impact in the creation of the Remote product
- Being able to guide other product leaders removing roadblocks, leading all product initiatives, and overseeing the entire Remote product lifecycle.
- Educate the team on product-led decisions and how to make a real impact in the industry
- Help solving interesting problems without obvious right answers.
- Have the chance to work with the Remote team to understand how to scale Remote
- Being part of a strong product development process and practise in close partnership with our CTO, your team and other teams at Remote.
- You'll report to: Chief Product Officer
- Team: Product
- Location: You can be in any location and any timezone to apply
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is $168,500 - $182,000. Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with peers
- Interview with two future direct reports
- Interview with VP (optional)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org