Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) ****to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Vice President (VP) of Sales.
- Demonstrated track record of success leading sales organizations across multiple groups and/or geographies
- Meaningful and consistent history of strong quota attainment at the Director / Senior Director+ level (preferably 4-5+ years)
- Ability to execute a business plan to achieve revenue goals, determine growth strategy, and align cross-functionally to drive company goals.
- Track record of growing and leading a sales organization at scale (100+ employees, large annual revenue).
- Strong leadership skills - you get excited about the opportunity to develop and mentor sales team members to help them achieve their goals.
- Successfully defined and implemented a vision and strategy for a sales organization.
- Deep knowledge and playbooks for customer acquisition, retention and expansion.
- Direct experience developing and executing distinct sales motions for SMB, MM and Enterprise segments.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but it is considered a plus.
- Scale and develop the sales team entirely, including account management, and sales enablement within our hyper-growth tech environment.
- Directly responsible for the success of Sales globally.
- Planning, implementing and managing the overall long-term Sales strategy and collaborating very closely with the Chief Revenue Officer on Sales strategy, critical needs and future proof Remote.
- Partnering closely with Director level within the teams to ensure successful planning and scaling globally.
- Directly responsible to ensure all content is up to date and collaborating closely with the team to enable a documentation first environment.
- Collaborate very closely with our product team to help influence offerings and direction as well as amplify client product requirements.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders on supporting and growing the sales process.
- Plan accurate and scalable forecasting across both short and long sales cycles.
- Identify automation opportunities and help drive efficiency within the Sales cycle and process.
- Motivate and coach a team of people consisting of sales leaders, AEs, ISRs, SDRs, operations, and enablement.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: The CRO
- Team: Sales
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with a founder
- Interview with VP of Finance and Director of FP&A (joint interview)
- Interview with VP Growth
- Interview with Director of Sales Enablement and potentially other direct reports within the team
- We might include one or two other stakeholders
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Thank you!