Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Manager, Learning & Development, joining our People Team.
The Manager, Learning & Development is responsible for our Learning & Development (L&D) team and initiatives. The key focus of this role will be to drive modern, innovative, values-focused learning by driving L&D initiatives that will ultimately align to Remote's strategy, improve the progression, competencies and retention of our employees. In working closely with the Director of People Enablement, the Manager, Learning & Development will drive the creation, implementation, management and analysis of all L&D programs and initiatives at Remote.
- 3 - 4 years progressive experience in Learning & Development, ideally in a hyper-growth startup, with at least 2 years experience managing a team. Tech start-up and alignment to modern L&D approaches is most ideal in this role.
- Strong knowledge of L&D best practices including: design, development and implementation of training solutions such as e-learning, coaching, mentoring and group facilitation.
- Familiarity of e-learning platforms and practices.
- A self-starter and leader comfortable with content creation and operational process building across the L&D function.
- Biased towards action and getting things done, you prioritize progress over perfection and promote iteration.
- Knowledge of learning trends such as adult learning theories, learning technology, competency frameworks and assessments, and human-centered design.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders of all levels and functions to drive company mission, values and outcomes through L&D initiatives.
- A growth and problem-solving mind-set. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change and do so quickly and effectively.
- Commitment to promoting all of Remote's values within the team and the greater organisation.
- Previous experience using a variety of L&D tools, WorkRamp is a plus.
- Have a high sense of urgency, accuracy with the ability to recognize, take on and/or delegate priorities.
- Passion for career development, training, and helping team members develop to their fullest potential.
- Intentional about diversity, equity and inclusion throughout L&D programming.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Manage, develop and motivate the Learning & Development Team.
- Collaborate with the Director of People Enablement to design a robust L&D strategy that includes learning frameworks, curriculum and pathways inline with company values and specific business priorities and outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels: performing skills gap analysis, understanding L&D needs, and curating learning solutions; working with them as a thought partner and advisor on L&D best practices
- Drive asynchronous and synchronous L&D programs ****end to end including: analyzing learning needs, applying Remote's values and competency models into the foundation of L&D efforts. Strengthening company culture, employee's individual development, leadership development and organisational learning.
- Assess and prioritize training needs, and develop recommendations on how best to address identified gaps.
- Plan, manage, and execute L&D projects, ensuring on time and within scope delivery.
- Ensure a seamless end to end learning experience across various programming, equal to our Excellence value for all Remoters.
- Continuously and proactively seek excellence: research, identify and implement best practices and L&D Programs to ensure an inclusive, positive and proactive learning experience while remaining aligned to goals and priorities.
- Identify systems/tools needed to support L&D efforts for today and the future. Manage system implementation to ensure L&D programmatic needs are met.
- Lead the creation and management of L&D-related policies, processes and procedures to best meet business needs and ensure full compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Establish and measure L&D program effectiveness based on knowledge retention and behavior change.
- Be an advocate for learning, and a learning culture, to support organisational growth, change and retention.
- Communicate Learning & Development updates to the rest of the company in all places necessary.
- Provide back-up and support to the L&D team reporting to you.
- This team is directly responsible for all documentation and management of our Learning & Development Notion pages and L&D systems.
- Own metrics and use the data insights to communicate trends to the organisation and make informed decisions to optimize and improve our learning experience and programs.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Director of People Enablement
- Team: People Team
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with Recruiter
- Interview with Director of People Enablement
- Interview with team members
- Interview with VP of People
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below.