Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Payments Manager, Contractors, joining our Global Payments team.
The Global Payments team ensures our employees and contractors worldwide get paid timely. The team focuses on automating global employee & contractor payments and works closely with International Expansion to implement new payments requirements as they arise. The Team also operationalises new payment rails and implements comprehensive pay-in and pay-out solutions.
Communication and collaboration are essential because our team regularly interfaces with cross functional business partners to execute on both the day-to-day payment activities and long-term projects, all while being 100% remote!
- 7+ years of payments, operations and partner management experience, in a technology or financial services company
- You have strong project and stakeholder management skills
- You have experience in establishing and delivering KPIs
- Experience with risk and compliance in the payment industry and its current evolution both domestically and globally
- Experience analyzing and developing processes to ensure scalability with a high volume products
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders and technical teams and the ability to develop agreement and drive team members to a decision and through execution of that decision
- Team building and direct people management experience in a team-oriented workplace
- Experience improving the development of reporting, tools and other processes to smooth operations and help analysis of nascent industry movements
- The ability to straddle roles as a product manager, relationship manager, and data analyst, equally willing to review dashboard analysis, and review payment network rules updates to extract important information
- Knowledge of local payment networks is a plus
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Implementing/automating/owning the payments processes
- Assuring products and services compliance with applicable regulation
- Deep dive into data through systematic and ad hoc analyses (cost of payments, Authorization rates, operational impacts) and estimate the impact of new product launches and country expansion.
- Fix root causes and build scalable solutions to minimize the number of payment processing issues in the short, medium and long term
- Develop tools/metrics and dashboards to monitor and proactively address credit risk and payment failures.
- Creatively identify new sources of data that can allow Remote to route payments globally
- Work with our Product, Engineering, and Finance teams to develop Remote's global payments strategy
- Follow up and handle escalations from numerous partners and other financial platform teams
- Manage key vendor relationships and escalations, while driving Quarterly Business Reviews to ensure business targets are achieved.
- Coach team members in the Operations, Finance, Analytics, and Strategy functions to deliver to the best of their abilities.
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations in the Payments and KYC space to evaluate potential new payments partners and technologies for a future role within our business – the Payments team has a large role in the product roadmap, and you will be expected to contribute towards the development of our technology platform.
- Support the License application processes where needed and work closely with the Compliance teams to ensure that license conditions are monitored and met.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Director of Payments
- Team: FinTech
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with VP Finance
- Interview with Product Manager, Contractor Payments
- Interview with Engineering Manager, Fintech
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check
How to apply
Please fill out the form below.