Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal impact in the global employment space as Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting to join our growing organisation. In this role you will manage the day to day operations of our global revenue recognition function, leveraging your technical expertise with IFRS and US GAAP, and specifically IFRS 15 and ASC 606, to enable technical revenue recognition, monthly revenue close, and deal desk review.
As an inspiring manager and contributor, you will own revenue and contract data analysis and controls for correct and timely report on revenue.
You will be reporting to the Director of Accounts Receivable.
- You have 7+ years of working experience working in a combination of auditing and revenue accounting in the software industry
- You have a strong technical revenue accounting knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP, namely IFRS 15 and ASC 606
- You have solid experience working with large and unstructured data sets
- You have a clear understanding and experience on how automation, integration and scaling can directly impact workload and sustainable growth
- You have a customer-oriented approach, with a pragmatic personality
- You are passionate about accomplishing goals and ensuring quality
- You are passionate about growth and make data-driven, well-informed decisions
- You are able to quickly adapt to a very fast-paced, international, scale-up environment
- You write and speak fluent English
- You have remote work experience (not required, but nice to have)
- Manage global revenue recognition activities including technical revenue recognition, monthly revenue close, and deal desk review.
- Partner with Accounting and FP&A to understand revenue recognition impacts to forecasted results
- Review significant and non standard customer agreements to evaluate revenue recognition impacts and propose solutions that align with internal policies and company objectives.
- Review revenue accounting conclusions and lead communication of those conclusions among internal and external stakeholders including auditors.
- Draft memos on complex transactions
- Contribute to the development, automation and scaling of revenue recognition
- Closely collaborate within operations so to maximise synergies
- Identify & execute on automation opportunities together with Product, Engineering and Automation
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Head of Financial Operations
- Team: FinTech
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with manager
- Interview with VP Finance
- Interview with team
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below.