Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Staff Product Designer, joining our Design team.
Design is at the forefront of everything we do. As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll lead design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility in creative vision, strategy and execution, meaning limitless opportunities for you to turn your ideas into reality.
What you need to be successful:
- Expert knowledge of the end to end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user, journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- An impressive portfolio showcasing a clear understanding of simplicity, typography, interactions and product design.
- An understanding and appreciation of the practice of design iteration by always experimenting, evaluating and learning.
- The ability to craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and usable experiences; you have strengths in visual design, interaction, and product design.
- Proven experience of advocacy for the customer and applying user research insights to your design.
- Contribution in order to keep work from the team consistent with the whole customer experience and designed with the customers' high-level goals and needs.
- Collaboration with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Support and help to maintain our Design System, together with other product designers.
- A kind, empathic and patient person.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving problems with them.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
In this role, you will:
- Being an active mentor for senior designers, and helping lead critique, design reviews, and quarterly planning
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, as well as new functions and features.
- Working with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, ux researchers, ux writers, fellow designers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users.
- Work directly with the engineering teams to implement new features and iterations and ensure quality standards are met.
- Create Figma flows that range from low-fidelity wireframes to full-fidelity, pixel-ready designs that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining our design system, participate in team critiques and reviews, assist in user research, organize customer events and design workshops.
- Drive yourself and your peers to deliver the best quality of work, pixel-perfect in every way while embracing and encouraging new methods and ways of working.
- Help the organization understand the needs, challenges, and wishes of customers today and in the future.
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Head of Design
- Team: Design
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Thank you.