Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Accountant joining our Finance team.
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is a plus
- Demonstrated experience using core finance systems (SAP or similar is a bonus)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and p Dutch GAAP
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and stress management skills
- Professional experience working with large data sets
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Responsibility for posting transactions in SAP
- Close & reconcile subledgers: AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Bank Accounts, Payroll accounts, VAT accounts, Intercompany accounts
- Preparation of Trial Balances
- Record and reconcile payroll for various countries
- Prepare and enter accounting adjustments and accruals
- Perform Balance Sheet and P&L account reconciliations
- Perform analysis and contribute to other projects as requested
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
- Report to: One of our Senior Accounting Managers
- Team: Finance
- Location: APAC
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Director of Finance, Controller
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with Senior Director, Finance, Tax and Accounting
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below.