Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews left by other candidates and our employees on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Financial Operations Analyst, joining our Financial Operations team.
- Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company.
- Experience working with multi-entity and multi-currency accounting processes and systems.
- Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process.
- Exceptional attention to details, strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- Ability to work independently and proactively and timely manage your own work.
- Problem solver, able to think through issues and find a solution.
- Detail oriented, with experience working in invoicing and payments in a high volume transactional business
- Customer centric mindset and proficient in communicating effectively with customers vendors, and internal colleagues alike.
- Collaborate on process documentation and documentation of issues as they occur.
- Experience with AP Automation tools, Third Party Invoicing software and/or SAP a plus.
- Writes and speaks fluent English. Additional languages considered a plus.
- Basic accounting knowledge and adherence to strong internal controls. General ledger experience, and the aptitude for analysis and reporting are a plus.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Responsible for the timely and efficient entry of Accounts Payable in SAP, ensuring that transactions have proper authorisations and GL coding.
- Responsible for ensuring that Accounts Payable payments are made within terms.
- Support month end accounting processes such as accruals, journal entries, reconciliations and reporting.
- Collaborate as member of the team responsible for the automation of Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for the issuance of any year end or statutory reporting such as Forms 1099 or 1099 NEC.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Georgia Ipsen
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Director of Finance, Controller
- Interview with Team
- Interview with Senior Director, Finance Tax and Accounting
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Thank you!