Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
The People Specialist is responsible for cultivating a great reputation as an employer and driving operational initiatives that will ultimately improve the People team and employee experience. In working closely with the Director of People, the People Specialist will support the creation, implementation, tracking and maintaining all People programs and initiatives the People Team are responsible for at Remote.
- 2 - 3 years experience within a People Team, ideally in People Operations or HR Operations (not a requirement but nice to have).
- Proven knowledge and experience in tracking and reporting on people data and metrics.
- Previous experience in using an HRIS and ATS, as well as managing the data and ensuring the accuracy in these platforms.
- High sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Commitment to encouraging transparency and all Remote's values within the team and the greater organisation.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Ensure all Remote team members have an extraordinary experience when engaging with the People Team either via Slack, Email or any application we use. Being mindful of urgency and ensuring timelines are requested upfront to complete a specific request within expected timelines.
- Along with the Director of People, research, implement and maintain all People Programs.
- Directly responsible for all documentation in Notion in the People Team pages, especially relating to non-Recruiting documentation, but including everything else.
- Timely announcements of changes in employment processes and requests made by the People Team.
- Daily and weekly participation in People Team updates to the rest of the company in all places necessary.
- Provide back-up and support to the People Experience Specialist.
- People feedback survey administration and reporting
- Provide training and knowledge sharing to new hires within the People Team.
- Completing various adhoc administration tasks, for example: letter of adjustments, employment confirmation letters, travel related documentation and loads of other documentation that is required from the People team and People team email inbox.
- Escalating any concerns, urgent matters or employment relations related concerns to the Director of People.
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development would be important in this role.
- Willingness to work odd/ flexible hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent).
- Along with the Director of People, track various People related metrics and make them public to the organisation for easy access and tracking of process.
- You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You'll report to: Nadia Vatalidis
- Team: People
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with a founder
- Interview with another founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference emails
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!