Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our Positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
Remote is fully remote (ah!) and we love Working Async. This means you get to do your own schedule no matter the timezone. The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
The team you'll be joining: 50 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into product teams composed of engineers, designers, product managers, operations and finance, each dedicated to achieving the same goals in a specific domain.
More information about this role in Remote's engineering career path
This role is focused on the Engineering Support Team. Being the highest technical resource available in the Product-Engineering team to solve a technical problem with our products.
If you are eager to help us build an awesome Engineering Support team, debugging and fixing issues horizontally across the product, then this is for you!
Must have (professional experience):
- Managed an engineering team of at least 2 people for a year
- Over 3 years of experience ideally as a Fullstack Engineer
- Commitment to promoting all of Remote's values within the team and the greater organisation.
- Solid communication skills
- Solid knowledge of engineering and development principles and best practices
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Focused on efficient processes with a kind, people-first approach
- Being able to inspire others and instill confidence
- Good understand of team dynamics
- Ambitious and intentional about diversity, equality and inclusion
- For React, JS, ES6 or Jest knowledge
- For Elixir andPhoenix knowledge
- Manage a team of 3 tech support engineers
- Max 30% of time spent doing management work. Outside of that actively participating in giving support with the engineers in their team.
- Interact and handle support request from internal stakeholders and in the future from external.
- Be involved in hiring processes for their own team and potentially help out their peers
- By being the spokesperson for everyone in their team they are expected to manage the team dynamics and bring out the best in them.
- Giving continuous and constructive feedback on all the things
- Helps the team to grow continuously as a group and is responsible for each direct report’s career.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the team.
- Follow the team leader career requirements defined here
- You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public
You'll report to The Engineering Manager for the Engineering Support Team
Team Engineering Support
Location Anywhere in the World
Start date As soon as possible
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with our recruiter
- Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview with our VP of Engineering
- (async) code exercise (you’re not expected to spend more than 2 - 4 hours on this)
- Interview with the team (without any manager in the call so you can really get to know the people and ask all you want to ask)
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!