Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and to have a large impact on our employee experience journey as Manager, People Operations, joining our People team. The Manager, People Operations is responsible for our People Operations team which includes our People Onboarding, Experience and People Operations team. The key focus of this role will be to drive People Operations by cultivating an incredible reputation as an employer and driving operational initiatives that will ultimately improve the People team and employee experience. In working closely with the Director of People, the Manager, People Operations will drive the creation, implementation, tracking and maintaining of all People onboarding, programs and initiatives at Remote.
- 3 - 4 years experience within a hyper-growth People Team, ideally in People Operations or Employee Experience, with at least 2 years experience managing a team. Tech start-up and alignment to ModernHR is most ideal in this role.
- Strong knowledge of People Operations best practices related to the employment lifecycle including onboarding, offboarding, compliance, employee inquiries, and considerations when using and implementing People Programs & Tools.
- A growth and problem-solving mind-set. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change and do so quickly and effectively.
- Previous experience using different HRIS and ATS tools.
- Commitment to promoting all of Remote's values within the team and the greater organisation.
- Ambitious and intentional about diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Have a high sense of urgency, accuracy with the ability to recognize, take on and/or delegate priorities.
- Knowledge and experience in tracking and reporting on people data and metrics.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Focused on efficient processes with a kind, people-first approach.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of People Specialists and People Onboarding Specialists.
- Ensure all Remote team members have an experience equal to our Excellence value when engaging with the People Team either via Slack, Email or any application we use.
- Respond to escalated inquiries from employees throughout their lifecycle.
- Improve efficiency and automation of various processes and adhoc administration tasks so the team can continue to focus and grow with impactful responsibilities.
- Continuously and proactively seek excellence: research, identify and implement best practices and People Programs to ensure an inclusive, positive and proactive employee experience while remaining aligned to team goals and priorities.
- Act as an advocate for remote working and values, ensuring our values are experienced throughout the employee experience.
- Partner closely with our onboarding, payroll, benefits and legal teams to maintain consistency, improve collaboration and provide an extraordinary and seamless employee experience.
- Leading People Team weekly updates to the rest of the company in all places necessary.
- Provide back-up and support to the team reporting to you.
- This team is directly responsible for all documentation of the People Team's Notion pages, especially relating to non-Recruiting documentation.
- Driving the quarterly People feedback survey administration and reporting**.**
- Work with our Total Rewards team to use data, communicate trends to the organisation and make informed decisions to optimize and improve our employee experience and People processes.
- Escalate any concerns, urgent matters or employment relations related concerns to the Director of People.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent).
- You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public .
- You'll report to: Director of People
- Team: People Team
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!