Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Head of Financial Operations, joining our Finance team.
- Experience and proven success in leading Financial Operations teams supporting business growth and creating operational capacity.
- Demonstrated success in partnering effectively across the organization to drive change that is scalable and sustainable.
- Skilled in developing efficient and effective operational processes
- Experienced with implementation of policies and procedures that result in a strong internal control environment.
- Write and speak fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Manage the Financial Operations team performing Billing, Accounts Payable, Cash Allocation, Master Data Creation/Maintenance and Collections functions.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of KPIs and metrics to measure performance and drive operational success.
- Implement process improvements and efficiency solutions to support a high growth business model.
- Partner with other Remote teams to create successful customer, vendor and employee experiences with Financial Operations.
- Design, implement and maintain a strong internal control environment. Assist with the design, development, implementation and testing of Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Partner with Remote Product, Engineering and other teams to deliver scalable platform solutions for Financial Operations processes, providing business requirements and supporting testing, implementation, documentation and training.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of Finance Controller
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Director of Finance Controller
- Interview with Finance Leader(s)
- Interview with VP Finance
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!