Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a KYB Compliance Specialist, joining our legal team.
We are looking for a talented and eager associate for our legal team. As Remote is increasing its global footprint, every expansion to a new country brings corporate, labour and tax law queries. Supported by our local advisors, we are responsible for the legal soundness of the business model, incorporation and contract templates. Next to this, we perform a legal analysis on new products and services, and advise other teams on legal matters. Furthermore, we are involved in contract negotiations and the approval of amendments to the contract templates.
As legal associate, your responsibility is to support our head of legal with these tasks. Because Remote is growing rapidly, we need to develop the legal department and this will provide you with the opportunity to develop alongside in the direction of your choosing.
- Excellent analytical and legal skills
- Eager to learn about different legal systems (as we are a global company)
- Preferably knowledge of a common law system (this will be complementary to the team)
- Creative legal thinker
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Review of newly designed contract templates for our growing range of countries
- Review contracts and other formal documents in relation to our international expansion
- Support advising other teams on legal matters
- Support legal analysis on new products, services and business models
- Help develop the legal function within Remote
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Head of Legal
- Team: Legal
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team member
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!