Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action.
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an International Expansion Lead.
As an inspiring leader, a dynamic, engaging and energetic professional, the International Expansion Lead will own the development and implementation of strategic plans to launch into new markets (countries) and contribute to managing the struggles that a quickly-growing startup has. Primarily:
- Along with the Director of International Expansion, drive the ambitious global international expansion roadmap.
- Implement Remote's International Expansion strategy and organisational structure to country availability and sustain the growth in various geographic regions.
- Direct and manage International Expansion projects timelines.
- Manage our high performing International Expansion team with expertise in the design, development, management, delivery, and measurement of expansion projects
- Analyse and report on key drivers impacting top and bottom line performance and speed in the international expansion; present regular updates to senior leadership.
- Advise on and select external regional partners and serves as their key point of contact. Own budgets and negotiations with external partners.
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
In your role, you will make a direct impact in Remote's global operations and its international expansion.
Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are working on next.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in international expansion, entity creation, new market entry, project management, corporate legal, or paralegal leadership roles in global work environments
- Desire in making a difference in the remote employment space, modelling transparency and excellence
- Leadership and people management skills to build, guide, coach and lead a high-performance team
- Highly creative and demonstrates good problem-solving skills compliantly
- Strong team player with ability to anticipate, work independently and demonstrate ownership
- Productivity geek who constantly thinks of ways to improve on speed, quality and compliance
- Familiar with tools such as Asana, Notion, MS Excel, Google Sheets or similar
- Having familiarity with a remote, hyper-growth start-up culture is a plus
- Has strong numeric and reporting skills and ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Writes and speaks fluent English. Additional languages are a bonus
- Having experience working remotely is considered a plus
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of International Expansion
- Team: International Expansion
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Director of International Expansion
- Interview with VP of Operations
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!