Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule. We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Payments Manager, joining our Treasury team.
The Treasury team at Remote has the unique responsibility of not only owning core cash management services, but also owning the external core payments processing and experience. In order to build and scale out the payments group, we are looking for a Senior Payments Manager to help achieve the vision to deliver the best payments product offering on the market.
The Treasury team enables Remote to move money. From developing infrastructure to working with external partners, we find the best ways to move money across different networks and countries in a way that is cost-effective, available, scalable, secure, and forward-looking. As a Senior Payments Manager on the Treasury team, you will dive into the specifications and functionality of the global payments networks and pairing with essential external partners and suppliers, and Remote's Product and Engineering teams, to convert best practices into the code for Remote's money movement systems. You will help launch new functionality and markets, adapting our money movement systems to changing industry requirements, and monitoring our systems for accuracy and efficiency.
We’re looking for a hardworking and detail-oriented team member to join our Treasury team. In 2021 we will provide multi-channel approaches, handle the payment processing, and carry the risk in the case of non-payment. Our focus is global expansion. We are looking for colleagues who take responsibility, grow with new challenges and never stop improving themselves.
- 7+ years of payments, operations and partner management experience, in a technology or financial services company
- You have strong project and stakeholder management skills
- You have experience in establishing and delivering KPIs
- Experience with risk and compliance in the payment industry and its current evolution both domestically and globally
- Experience analyzing and developing processes to ensure scalability with a high volume products
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders and technical teams and the ability to develop agreement and drive team members to a decision and through execution of that decision
- Team building and direct people management experience in a team-oriented workplace
- Experience improving the development of reporting, tools and other processes to smooth operations and help analysis of nascent industry movements
- The ability to straddle roles as a product manager, relationship manager, and data analyst, equally willing to review dashboard analysis, and review payment network rules updates to extract important information
- Knowledge of local payment networks is a plus
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Implementing/automating/owning the payments processes
- Assuring products and services compliance with applicable regulation
- Deep dive into data through systematic and ad hoc analyses (cost of payments, Authorization rates, operational impacts) and estimate the impact of new product launches and country expansion.
- Fix root causes and build scalable solutions to minimize the number of payment processing issues in the short, medium and long term
- Develop tools/metrics and dashboards to monitor and proactively address credit risk and payment failures.
- Creatively identify new sources of data that can allow Remote to route payments globally
- Work with our Product, Engineering, and Finance teams to develop Remote's global payments strategy
- Follow up and handle escalations from numerous partners and other financial platform teams
- Manage key vendor relationships and escalations, while driving Quarterly Business Reviews to ensure business targets are achieved.
- Coach team members in the Operations, Finance, Analytics, and Strategy functions to deliver to the best of their abilities.
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations in the Payments and KYC space to evaluate potential new payments partners and technologies for a future role within our business – the Payments team has a large role in the product roadmap, and you will be expected to contribute towards the development of our technology platform.
- Support the License application processes where needed and work closely with the Compliance teams to ensure that license conditions are monitored and met.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of Treasury
- Team: Treasury
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interviews with team members
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!