Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Director of Sales Development, joining our Sales team.
- Experience managing an outbound prospecting team on a global basis
- Proven track record of delivering sales pipeline through leading outbound prospecting teams.
- Ability to drive cross functional alignment and coordination across sales and marketing teams.
- Consistently deliver against targets - ensuring company and team goals and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Refine and evolve a scalable, measurable, and predictable process for running and growing the team
- Extensive experience with managing tools used for automation within the Sales Development function along with CRM (Hubspot preferred) knowledge
- Proven track record scaling of large SDR teams on a global basis
- Experience working in a fast paced and ever changing environment including startups
- Proven ability to grow a global team with high standards of success
- Strategic mindset with an understanding of how to functionally execute
- Leadership across multiple reports on a global basis
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- Partner with sales and marketing operations to ensure the SDR team has the best tools to do their job, and that they are configured to ensure SDR efficiency and productivity
- Iterate the sales development process, methodology, campaigns, hiring profiles, training and enablement with respect to the Remote core values.
- Identify the proper tools, processes and information resources needed to support a robust SDR teams in multiple geographies.
- Partner with senior sales management, marketing and other business partners to develop a successful GTM strategy
- Effectively lead managers to exceed their team goals and pipeline
- Lead and assist the Outbound Sales Development team in identifying prospective accounts, establishing consistent sales metrics and practices, optimizing outbound approach, and ultimately generating meetings and opportunities for the sales team.
- You have demonstrated success building a team, adding pipeline and fueling explosive growth through outbound closed deals.
- Provide strategic direction of the SDR team in line with our needs and vision for customer acquisition
- Oversee and provide direction with tools with an understanding of how they work together to achieve our needs for growth
- Understand the Customer Profiles to help build data and lists to target ideal companies
- Build a rapidly expanding team on a global basis (All remote)
- Conduct performance management reviews to ensure direct reports are developing and that goals and expectations are aligned
- Have excellent leadership skills (We lead, not manage)
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: VP of Sales
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with a founder
- Interview with another founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!