Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Social Media Manager, joining our Performance Marketing team. In this role, you will be accelerating the adoption of Remote’s offerings through a proactive and data-driven approach to social and digital marketing. You will help develop the strategy and oversee the day-to-day execution of organic social media initiatives that expand Remote’s brand awareness. This includes social media content and channel management, measurement and analysis of social media initiatives, and establishing and maintaining social media governance. This role requires a good deal of independent thinking and the ability to build out a strong social strategy for a global company. In short, you will be the voice of our brand on social media.
- An experienced writer with exemplary attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A highly collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills who works cross-departmentally and globally. Must have a high degree of comfort working with people in diverse groups with tight deadlines to propose new strategies and implement them.
- Scrappy and self-directed. You are skilled at autonomously driving projects in a startup environment with minimal guidance and limited resources while having a ton of freedom and creativity to continue moving forward. You roll up your sleeves and drive execution and results.
- Flexible and accountable. You have an ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiative.
- Quickly assess the landscape of challenges and opportunities within all of the Remote’s social media properties. Create and execute strategies for social media channels including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Manage day-to-day reactive and proactive communications on all key social media channels.
- Plan and manage the publishing calendar, social objectives, messaging, writing of posts, sourcing or creating the visual images for these posts, aligning to the overall product and marketing plan.
- Create and maintain a consistent voice for Remote online that is engaging and authentic to our audiences.
- Implement best practices for social listening, uploading, tagging, reporting, crisis communications, employee engagement on social, and optimization of channels.
- Grow engagement, reach, and impact through proactive organic campaigns and management.
- Implement strategies for leveraging employees to amplify Remote news in their own social networks.
- Monitor social tools (like Twitter, ClubHouse, LinkedIn) for new capabilities and functionalities to capitalize on.
- Work closely with the communications team to develop and manage strategies to support senior executives’ visibility and engagement in social media.
- Analyze key demographics on each platform and use that to curate specific content to each specific audience on each platform. Seek and evaluate new social media platforms and technology opportunities and stay at the forefront of the adoption of new social media trends, tools, and channels.
- Partner with internal subject matter experts to respond to support and product-related questions.
- Support social media objectives across all the time zones Remote conducts business in.
- Pull regular reporting and analytics on our social media channels to uncover trends in most engaging content, pull campaign recaps, monitor follower growth and engagement, etc.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of Performance Marketing
- Team: Performance Marketing
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with recruiter
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with a founder
- Interview with another founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!