Note this is a Remote position, you can work from anywhere in the world!
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
As we grow to serve more countries and expand on our products and services, we will need a strong and efficient Finance Function to work alongside our outsourced team.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accounting Manager to join one of the most exciting early stage Finance teams out there.
Our team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Remote is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an experienced finance and accounting professional to join our fast growing team and help us support our expansion efforts by owning all the accounting and finance processes. This role will involve working hand in hand with a business partners, financial partners, legal team and our operations teams. You will be responsible for management of Accounting functions within a fast-paced, high growth environment. Primarily:
- Management of accounting records and related functions journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company accounting and the monthly close process for a global start up with a high growth business model.
- Liaising with our finance outsourcing partners to ensure accounting transactions are recorded in our SAP S/4HANA system in a complete, timely and accurate manner.
- Delivery of financial reporting and analysis, including statutory filing requirements.
- Collaborate with the Reporting and other teams to leverage financial data to support key management processes.
- Support development of an efficient, scalable finance function thru optimized processes and automation of accounting functions.
- Maintain accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective financial and internal controls through design, review and testing.
- Accounts Payable
- AP Accruals and Analysis
- Cash flow forecasting
- Preparations of tax forms such as forms 1099 Templates and journal entries to record payroll
- Uploading documents to the SSC SharePoint
- 6+ years post qualified accounting experience.
- Demonstrated experience using core finance systems (SAP or similar is a bonus).
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP or Dutch GAAP.
- Understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Financial planning and analysis experience, ideally with exposure to key management processes at a high growth, scaling company.
- Professional experience working with large data sets.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Experience of working with an outsourced finance team.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of Finance, Controller
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with the Director of Finance, Controller
- Interview with a team member
- Interview with the VP of Finance
- (async) Reference calls
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!