Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an Onboarding Specialist.
- Mandatory: Knowledge of People Operations best practices
- Good To Have: International HR experience within Latin America
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus
As an empathetic, client-oriented problem-solver, the Onboarding Specialist will contribute to all the struggles that a quickly-growing startup has. Primarily:
- Responsible for the Onboarding process of new employees, including completing the documents verification and, preparation of the Employment Package, by providing access to resources from an HR, payroll, and benefits perspective
- Continuously identify and implement ways to improve the onboarding experience by engaging with employees and bringing perspective on best practices in all areas of Global Operations.
- Manage employee data and serve as subject matter expert on Employ ensuring information is current, kept safe and confidential.
- Support reporting, audit, compliance, and data integrity initiatives.
- Identify automation opportunities
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
In your role, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself as an experienced international Onboarding specialist, who is astute in employee payroll, employee benefits, and employment statutory compliance in every country that we operate in. Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are operational in.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Global Operations Manager LatAm
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with hiring manager
- Interview with team members
- Interview with area VP
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference calls
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!