Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Benefits Manager.
- Mandatory: Knowledge of benefits best practices
- Good To Have: International Benefits&Compensation experience
- Have a desire to develop international expertise
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus
As an empathetic, client-oriented problem-solver, the Benefits Manager will focus on the setup of Benefits for all employees. Primarily:
- Responsible for all benefits
- Onboarding process of new employees
- Oversees the following group benefit programs: group medical, dental, vision, life insurance, business travel accident, short-term disability, long-term disability, workers’ compensation, etc.
- Coordinate benefit processing; review and approve billing
- Create strong partnerships with our benefits broker and vendors and serve as the primary contact
- Research and respond to questions from employees and management regarding the interpretation of benefit plans
- Assists with evaluating and designing new corporate benefit plans and programs
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
In your role, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself as an experienced international benefits specialist, compliant in every country that we operate in. Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are operational in.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of Global Operations
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: North America
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members
- Interview with VP of the area
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference calls
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!