Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an International Expansion Specialist (for Europe and Africa), joining our International Expansion team.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has experience from previous project management/legal or international expansion roles in Europe and/or Africa.
- Has a legal or paralegal background professionally or by way of education
- Is a strong team player and collaborator flexible to navigate across a variety of topics and tasks.
- Is detail oriented, solutions-focused and facilitates task clarity and completeness.
- Is highly collaborative and yet independent in creatively unblocking challenges and finding alternatives.
- Has a strong interest in documentation, process, knowledge sharing and effective communication.
- Is a productivity geek and is constantly looking for ways to improve and speed up execution.
- Writes and speaks fluent English. Proficiency in additional languages is an advantage.
- May or may not have prior experience working remotely, but it's considered a plus.
- Is inspired to make a difference in the remote employment space.
- Providing critical project execution support to the International Expansion team liaising with external and internal stakeholders.
- Day-to-day management of project tasks, deadlines and deliverables contributing to continuous progress and completion of milestones.
- Continuous learning and building of process and policy knowledge through highly effective communication, documentation and process adherence.
- Be the go-to person for the International Expansion Manager and team for extraordinary responsiveness, progress update with external providers and internal teams.
- Multi-tasking across projects and jurisdictions guided by strategic goals and tactical priorities.
- Proactively identifying process inefficiencies and inconsistencies and collaborating towards improved and more productive workflow.
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You'll report to: Director of International Expansion
- Team: International Expansion
- Location: Europe or Africa
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with VP of International Expansion, Global Ops and People Ops
- Interview with CEO
- (async) Offer
- Reference calls
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don't forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there's a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!