Remote solves the world’s biggest remote employment problem. That is: How to hire anyone from anywhere, compliantly. Through our extensive (and growing) international network and suite of products, we are making it possible for every company to hire people in every country. Both as contractors, and also as fully legal, local employees, with all the benefits that come with that.
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a People Ops Specialist.
As an empathetic, client-oriented problem-solver, the People Ops Specialist will contribute to all the struggles that a quickly-growing startup has. Primarily:
- Continuously identify and implement ways to improve the employee experience by engaging with employees and bringing perspective on best practices in all areas of Global Operations.
- Manage employee data and serve as subject matter expert on Employ ensuring information is current, kept safe and confidential.
- Support reporting, audit, compliance, and data integrity initiatives.
- Reviews and guarantees submission of payroll-related data to service providers, statutory filing requirements, payroll approvals, and payment confirmations
- Manages existing relationships with payroll and benefits service providers
- Manages global payroll, benefits, and employment statutory compliance
- Identify automation opportunities
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
In your role, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself as an experienced international People Ops specialist, who is astute in employee payroll, employee benefits, and employment statutory compliance in every country that we operate in. Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are operational in.
- Mandatory: Knowledge of People Operations best practices
- Good To Have: International HR experience
- Have a desire to develop international payroll expertise
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus
- Remote work culture
- A good salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- Report to: VP of International Expansion and People
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
Submit your application.
- As the headline: "Application POS"
- Your CV as a PDF
- A short (at most a single page) cover letter in the text area provided
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with VP of International Expansion and People
- Interview with founders
- Reference calls