Remote is THE global platform that enables companies to employ people anywhere in the world, taking away all legal and compliance complexities. Remote handles global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance for businesses big and small. (read more about how it works). As we expand our country basis and the features we offer to make global employment the future of work the automation and product requirements grow exponentially and that's why we're hiring an Elixir (backend) Engineer.
Remote is fully remote (ah!) and you can read more about us here.
The projects you'll be working with
We're currently working on two main projects, the Remote job board and the employment platform (with similar technologies).
With a user pool of +2.5M users the job board enables people to post remote job ads that can be seen and applied to by anyone. This job board has a considerably high number of daily users but any issues represent a low risk as they can be easily corrected.
The employment platform enables companies to employ people anywhere through Remote, taking away all legal and compliance complexities from our users. This platform has a low number of daily users but every action is of very high risk as it carries very sensitive information.
The team you'll be working with
We're a team of 11 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, DevOps and QA. We currently run a very horizontal team structure and report directly to the CTO.
How we work
We love Working Async this means you get to do your own schedule. Some tasks require us to be online with others but even that can be arranged.
The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
- (async) Application is reviewed by your future manager (CTO)
- Interview with the recruiter
- Interview with the CTO
- (async) Code exercise (async, no deadline, a very simple exercise)
- Interview with the team (no managers on the call, just for you to get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Interview with the CEO
- (async) Reference calls
- (async) Offer
- Previous experience working as Frontend Engineer/Developer
- Proficient with React
- Interest in build pages with performance, accessibility and API design in mind
- Attention to the details when implementing UI mockups made by our amazing design team.
- Jest / React Testing Library / Cypress
- GitLab CI
- Unlimited personal time off - See Time off
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable
- Training budget
- Good salary and company options