Remote is the global platform that enables companies to employ people anywhere in the world, taking away all legal and compliance complexities. Remote handles global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance for businesses big and small. (read more about how it works).
As we grow to serve more countries and expand on our products and services, we will need a strong and efficient Finance Function to work alongside our outsourced team.
We are looking for an experienced Controller to join one of the most exciting early stage Finance teams out there.
Please check out our handbook to learn more about our culture. Please reach out even if you don't feel 100% confident you meet all of the requirements. We are looking for people with kindness, ambitious and grit. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
About the role:
Our team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Remote is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an experienced finance and accounting professional to join our fast growing team and help us support our expansion efforts by owning all the accounting and finance processes. This role will involve working hand in hand with a business partners, financial partners, legal team and our operations teams. You will be responsible for overall controllership within a fast-paced, high growth environment. Primarily:
- 6+ years post qualified accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance, trained in practice, preferably through financial statement audits.
- Demonstrated experience using core finance systems (SAP or similar is a bonus).
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and Dutch GAAP.
- Understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Financial planning and analysis experience, ideally with exposure to key management processes at a high growth, scaling company.
- Professional experience working with large data sets.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Experience of working with an outsourced finance team.
- General ledger accounting experience.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- Great Remote work culture
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- A good salary
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- Report to: Head of Finance
- Team: Finance
- Equipment: We will supply you will the tools you need to do your job well (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with the recruiter
- Interview with the Head of Finance
- Interview with the team (no managers on the call, just for you to get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Interview with CEO / CTO
- (async) Reference calls
- (async) Offer