About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With nearly 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Remind runs one of the largest free services in education (Remind Chat), one of the fastest growing school/district SaaS businesses (Remind Hub), and a revolutionary new direct-to-consumer business (Remind Tutoring). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.
About this role
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our small, tight-knit design team. You’ll focus on Remind Hub, our communication product for districts and schools. You’ll work closely with product managers and engineers to build features that help school and district administrators engage families and students and get the oversight and visibility they need to track engagement and protect their learning communities. You should be passionate about education and have a strong desire to drive impact.
- You have 3-5 years of design experience shipping products at a tech and product-driven company
- You have strong interaction design skills--defining how an experience should behave based on user and business needs--and visual design skills--proficiency in typography, color, layout, iconography, and aesthetic sense
- You can reduce complex problems to simple solutions that strike the right balance between power and ease of use
- You’re skilled at explaining user problems and design concepts, listening to feedback from cross-functional stakeholders, and participating in constructive critique
- You give and welcome honest, thoughtful feedback
- You know how to use usability testing tools, document findings, and translate them into actionable insights
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your skills, the impact of your work, and your ability to tell a story
- Bonus: You have professional experience in brand or graphic design
What you’ll do:
- Craft and iterate on designs across web and mobile platforms
- Partner with other designers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to build features from conception to launch
- Own your entire design process, from problem definition and concept exploration to detailed specs and polished visual design
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and cross-functional partners to continually raise our bar for quality
- Drive research for your workstreams, leveraging qualitative feedback and quantitative data to inform your design decisions
- Use and evolve our design system
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.
Frequently cited statistics show that women/non-men and underrepresented minorities are likely to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Remind encourages you to break that statistic. If you are passionate about this role and our mission, even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please review our reasonable accommodations document to learn how we support our candidates with disabilities.