About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With nearly 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Remind runs one of the largest free services in education (Remind Chat), one of the fastest growing school/district SaaS businesses (Remind Hub), and a revolutionary new direct-to-consumer business (Remind Tutoring). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.
About this role
The Remind Engineering Team collaborates to deliver features for our users and customers while setting and maintaining SLAs to ensure reliable system performance. We prefer strongly typed languages over dynamic, and leverage both relational and non-relational data structures as needed, supporting tens of thousands of requests per second. We bias towards using the right tool for the job, including Typescript, Go, Ruby, Twirp, GraphQL, and many AWS services (Aurora, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS).
We’re looking to bring on a Staff Fullstack Software Engineer who can help drive and scale our frontend codebase (Typescript + React), but who would also feel comfortable contributing to the architecture of our distributed system backend. You'll collaborate with other Backend and Fullstack Engineers, as well as cross-functional teams, to maximize site availability, performance, and uptime, as well as helping develop new features for students, parents, teachers and administrators.
Not in San Francisco? No problem! Our team is distributed within +/-3 hours of Pacific Time.
- You have consistently shipped high quality code to production as part of a team
- You enjoy tackling interesting, complicated problems and following them through to the end
- You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects
- You write clean code and have significant experience with one or more programming languages
- You have built scalable, performant, highly available services, and understand the value of a good SLA
- You have built single page web applications with an emphasis on maintainability and user experience
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
What you'll do:
- Design and implement systems to improve our communications platform supporting over 30 million students, parents, and educators
- Drive the architecture of our frontend codebase (Typescript + React) as we scale to support our ever-growing user base
- Increase the fault tolerance of our distributed services
- Deliver features that delight the millions of parents, teachers, and students that use Remind every day
- Support uptime through participation in our eng-wide on-call rotation
- Help tighten our SLAs so that the performance of our website exceeds the expectations of even our largest and most demanding customers
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities are likely to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Remind encourages you to break that statistic. If you are passionate about this role and our mission, even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please review our reasonable accommodations document to learn how we support our candidates with disabilities.