About the company

Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.

Remind runs one of the largest free services in education, one of the fastest growing school/district SaaS businesses (the Remind Plan), and a revolutionary new direct to consumer business (Remind Coaching). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.

About this role

The Remind Engineering Team builds, operates, scales, and secures the Remind platform for the millions of teachers, students, parents, and administrators who rely on us every day. In addition to native clients on iOS, Android, and web, our platform runs at scale on Typescript, Go, Ruby, Twirp, GraphQL, and AWS services (Aurora, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS).

As Engineering Manager on Remind Coaching, you will partner with product, operations, and engineering leadership to set priorities and ensure we deliver against a product roadmap as we push to scale our 1:1 tutoring business.  You will ensure the consistent, rapid, and iterative delivery of your team, and ensure that their work conforms to all SLAs, SLOs, and KPIs set by engineering. You will own hiring for your team and build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team culture. You will manage the careers of each of your direct reports, and ensure they are happy, challenged, and growing in both technical breadth and depth, as well as growing as humans!

Not in San Francisco? No problem! Our team is fully distributed within +/-3 hours of Pacific Time.

About you:

• You have 2+ years of engineering management experience building productive, high functioning teams
  • You are proactive in organizing and helping teams be more efficient and effective
  • You build relationships with engineers that allow you to have honest performance conversations, and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth
  • You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, designers, and executives to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects
  • You’re adept at understanding complex technical concepts and helping teams make decisions to move forward as well as communicating those decisions up
  • You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing product.
  • You excel at hiring, retaining, inspiring teams, and managing and driving execution on a delivery team

What you'll do:

• Manage and drive sprint execution and delivery against our product roadmap
  • Partner with product, operations, and engineering teams to set priorities
  • Promote active, continuous learning and improvement within your team, cultivating growth through feedback, coaching and career development
  • Ensure that Remind exceeds our SLAs, SLOs, and KPIs. Drive and define new measures as needed
  • Ensure that Remind exceeds the demanding expectations of our ISO 27001 certification as we strive to protect our users and customers as they focus on learning
  • Hire diverse talent to extend and grow our team and culture in an equitable, inclusive way
  • Ensure security and budget conformance throughout the SDLC

Compensation:

• Competitive salary and equity
  • 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
  • Open vacation policy
  • Paid parental leave

Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Remind Inclusion: Voluntary Demographics

We at Remind strive to create an internal culture that is representative of the students, parents, and educators we work for every day. We also recognize the importance of fostering the individuals within this diverse community — just as our vision is to give every student the opportunity to succeed, we want to ensure that every employee has the opportunity to succeed.  

Our work in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. We use Greenhouse Inclusion to help us strengthen our hiring practices by identifying and mitigating unconscious bias in our process. 

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions that are part of Greenhouse Inclusion. If you choose to fill them out, the responses will be used (in aggregate only) to help us identify areas for improvement in our processes. Your responses or your choice to not respond, will not be associated with your specific application and will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Individuals seeking employment at Remind are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. 

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify my ethnicity as (mark all that apply):

Veteran Status:

I have a physical disability: