About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With nearly 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Remind runs one of the largest free services in education, one of the fastest growing school/district SaaS businesses (the Remind Plan), and a revolutionary new direct to consumer business (Remind Coaching). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.
About this role
Remind is expanding its product line with Remind Coaching - a service that provides students grades two and up with regular tutoring with certified, experienced teachers. We are looking for a Coach Experience Associate to join our growing team.
In this role, you will be working to better understand the coach experience on Remind from their first month to when they are on their 1,000th session and beyond. Coaches are an integral part of the Remind Coaching experience and we want to ensure that we are building the tools needed to make coaches jobs easier, not harder. We are looking for an individual who can identify major Coach pain points and work to develop a better experience for Coaches and by default, students as well.
- People Oriented: high emotional intelligence, relationship builder, empathetic, works well with different people types.
- Strong Multitasker: familiarity with handling a high volume of tasks with exceptional quality, and the ability to prioritize based on business needs.
- Amazing communication skills: clear verbal and written communicator, able to adapt communication to different audiences.
- Collaborative: the ability to closely with other teams with the recognition of how individual’s work can contribute to the whole customer and coach experience
- Iterative: the ability to recognize when a process you own no longer makes sense to continue and to iterate on it as well as to give feedback to others when you see it
- Bonus: startup experience and/or experience in tutoring or teaching
What you'll do:
- Coach Platform Management:
- Have a strong understanding of the general coach experience as well as the tail ends of the experience
- Ensure that all coaches are delivering on the experience that we are promising customers
- Define processes integral to the coach experience (eg, when a coach takes time off, when coaches need to adjust their availability, when students need to be re-matched, etc)
- Respond to Coach escalations and ensure that Coaches understand and adhere to platform policies
- Execute and roll out Remind coaching product and training related changes
- Update all platform information and help center information for Coaches
- Coach Retention
- Better understand why coaches choose to leave Remind and predict when we will lose a coach
- Iterate on existing churn policies and process
On your first day, you should:
- Be familiar with tools like DocuSign, Zendesk, Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Advanced excel, SQL or Looker skills is a plus.
- Be able to identify in what ways some coaches are successful and unsuccessful with specific students
- Be able to learn quickly and follow existing processes
- Be able ask questions and probe on why processes are created in a certain way
- Be able to connect with coaches to truly listen to their challenges
After three months, you should:
- Recognize what's working really well and what needs improvement in the general Coach Experience
- Better understand what creates an amazing coach and student match
- Recognize patterns between Coach Experience post-onboarding and where Remind Coaching processes and information sharing can be improved
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.