About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Remind runs one of the largest free services in education, one of the fastest growing school/district SaaS businesses (the Remind Plan), and a revolutionary new direct to consumer business (Remind Coaching). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.
About this role
Remind is expanding its product line with Remind Coaching - a service that provides students grades two and up with regular tutoring with certified, experienced teachers. We are looking for a Senior Coach Operations Manager to join our growing team.
Coaches are an integral part of the Remind Coaching experience and we want to ensure that we understand the complex interplay between the coach and customer experience.
We are looking for an individual who can quickly identify what the coach environment is today, understand where it needs to be to successfully scale, and thoughtfully execute towards that vision. In this role, you will own the coach environment and work to continuously refine it (including targeting, vetting, training, enablement and management) based on insights from continuous learnings from your team, customer and coach feedback, session analysis and data analysis.
- You have experience leading, recruiting, and supporting a world-class team
- You have built scalable infrastructure and processes from the ground up. You have experience with how early stage tools are used and can connect technology, operations, and growth at each stage of growth.
- You validate your ideas with data. You are comfortable assessing operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- When faced with a complex situation involving many factors, you understand the different variables and are able to align and realign them until you are sure you have arranged them in the most productive configuration possible.
- You have used Looker or a similar data analytics tool to develop reports; you are familiar with navigating through databases to better understand the coach experience
- You constantly strive to learn and improve. You can absorb information and knowledge quickly and know how to disseminate valuable information.
- You have high emotional intelligence with experience managing, and coaching a diverse workforce
- You have experience scaling a marketplace based startup
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage a coach operations team to ensure high quality experiences for coaches and customers daily while scaling 10x
- From first principles, you’ll help develop the optimal strategy for the coach environment to deliver a high quality experience to coaches and students
- Own and build out a coach ecosystem from initial coach outreach to retention
- Identify key metrics to track to monitor coach and matching success
- Identify operational opportunities and inefficiencies to help improve and ideate new processes
- Contribute to growth through identifying coach acquisition strategies and segmentation
- Identify opportunities and work to build and execute programs to engage, recognize and support all coaches
- Support your team in building their skills and advancing their personal development goals
- Collaborate with Customer Program Manager to create the best coach and customer experience
On your first day, you should:
- Be familiar with tools like DocuSign, Zendesk, Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, and basic SQL
- Be comfortable managing a contractor workforce and an immediate team
- Be able ask questions and probe on why processes are created in a certain way
- Be able to learn quickly and understand existing process flows
- Be able to connect with coaches to truly listen to their challenges
After three months, you should:
- Develop and represent coach-focused insights to inform broader critical initiatives of coach pain points
- Own existing metrics and KPIs for coaches, including coach quality, match, availability, and others, while also identifying and developing metrics that are important for success
- Identify opportunities and work closely with Customer team to build and execute programs to engage, recognize and support all coaches and students
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.