About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With nearly 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Remind runs one of the largest free services in education, one of the fastest growing school/district SaaS businesses (the Remind Plan), and a revolutionary new direct to consumer business (Remind Coaching). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.
About this role
We are looking for a People Onboarding Specialist to join our Talent team and help support our growing, geographically dispersed business. This role ensures that employees, no matter their background or time zone, are ready and welcomed on Day 1. This role requires someone who can manage many disparate tasks - from purchasing assets and gifts for new hires to coordinating the delivery of equipment and network access information with IT.
Incoming emails? Multiple stakeholders? Bring it on. The right person for this role can manage a high volume of tasks, communicates clearly and effectively, and acts with a deep sense of empathy. As Remind’s People Onboarding Specialist you’ll make an impact by managing the business-critical operations that attract, retain, surprise, and delight employees. This role reports directly to the Head of Talent.
- 1-2 years of experience in Office Management, Administration, and/or People Ops preferably in a tech environment
- An excellent verbal and written communicator who effectively uses empathy, tact, and diplomacy consistent with Remind's caring, collaborative and curious culture
- An effective collaborator who creates strong partnerships with peers, cross-functional stakeholders, external partners, and the rest of the People Operations Team. You ensure deadlines are met by various stakeholders to ensure everyone has a great Day 1.
- Meticulous about attention to detail and follow-through and able to performs tasks with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness
- Able to handle sensitive employee matters and difficult situations with extreme poise, tact, and confidentiality at all times and exhibit good judgment
- Able to work independently, take initiative and overcome obstacles to get the job done
What you'll do:
- Coordinate all tasks required to successfully bring on a new employee
- Followup with IT Vendor on system setup and laptop delivery
- Schedule a series of onboarding meetings
- Host welcome sessions with new hires - you will be their first interaction with Remind!
- Coordinate with Hiring Managers the actions that make a successful first day, week, month, etc.
- Update People systems for user access
- Coordinate new hire introductions at All Hands and on Slack
- Provide customer-focused first line support to employees by answering employment-related questions or escalating to the right member of the team
- Plan and organize company-wide social events (in-person and virtual), team lunches, and special events
On your first day, you should:
- Be familiar with Google Suite so you can coordinate and calendar many meetings
- Have used a task management system (We use Asana but Trello or another task tool would be sufficient)
- Be flexible and adaptable to ever evolving and changing demands
- This is a contract role with an hourly rate of $25/hour.
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.