About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
About this role
As a Software Engineer, you serve your Customer Success colleagues, your peers in Remind Engineering, and our customers with a focus on identifying, verifying, and correcting technical issues to help ensure a delightful and successful experience for our schools and districts. You will tackle challenging technical problems with the simplest possible solutions while building relationships with and supporting our customers.
Some of the most complex aspects of Remind’s platform are connected to onboarding new customers—rostering and account provisioning, automated message configuration and sending, data syncing and API access. You will be a primary technical resource for triaging issues and supporting customers through these processes. You will author code to improve and maintain features as well as own new feature development for our internal systems and tools.
- You have over 5 years of experience in a customer-facing technical role: Escalations, Success, Support and/or Sustaining Engineering team before
- You can skillfully and comfortably articulate technical problems and issues with groups of people in a clear and concise way.
- You write code (proficiency in any language, though you’ll need to come up to speed in Ruby for the role) and can debug problems efficiently and accurately
- Your ability to quickly learn new technologies brings you joy
- You’re innately curious and thrive on difficult technical problems
- You understand the importance of empathy and how it relates to our customers
What you'll do:
- Become a Remind expert and handle top-level technical customer escalations
- Debug integration issues; write and run scripts to unblock customer rollouts
- Diagnose broader platform issues and make technical improvements to the process to conform with SLAs
- Own systems-level support and maintenance to improve the health and stability of our SaaS platforms
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to translate onboarding and other technical requirements into features
On your first day, you should:
- Have a strong aptitude for product, both at a high level and in the details
- Be comfortable interacting with people at all levels of education - from brand-new teachers to administrators, IT roles, to parents and students
- Be enthusiastic about creating simplicity for our users
- Be prepared to navigate our Github repos and codebase for future commits