About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Remind runs one of the largest free services in education, one of the fastest growing school/district SaaS businesses (the Remind Plan), and a revolutionary new direct to consumer business (Remind Coaching). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.
Remind Coaching is a rapidly growing online learning business. Right now it is 1:1 math tutoring but we will be expanding to courses, assessment, group lessons, covering all subjects from k-12 and beyond.
About this role
You will report into the Head of Data Science and Analytics, but partner closely with the four coaching leads: Growth, Marketing, Product and Operations. You will be a founding member of the team, shaping the way the whole team thinks about and measures growth: channel strategy, LTV, incrementality etc. “Create simplicity for others” is a core Remind value. You fully embody that value as you synthesize and visualize data, advocate for new analytical models and drive strategic change in our product, process and go-to-market. The data org at Remind is expanding and we need folks on the ground floor, building the foundation for long term, high quality, high velocity insight generation, supporting our rapid growth.
- You have demonstrated impact on growth or performance marketing in rapidly scaling consumer internet companies. (Bonus if you have two-sided marketplace experience.) You live and breath ROAS, CAC, LTV, CPC, cohort analysis, and time series.
- You are fast and rigorous analytically, with a BA in engineering, math, statistics, analytics, or relevant alternative education (adult learning, on the job experience etc).
- You are a SQL expert, comfortable wrangling messy data and producing clean rollups for visualizations and reports and proficient in at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc).
- You are an expert in data communication, from clearly documented notebooks, to fantastic dashboards in Looker, Tableau or similar.
- You can ensure our experimentation systems are rigorous and correct.
- You have experience working with large data sets (Hadoop, AWS, Snowflake etc).
What you'll do:
- Build and own the reporting on the growth funnels for Remind coaching.
- Help define growth experiments and assess their efficacy across different acquisition channels and in-product flows.
- Work with engineering, product, growth, marketing and operations to identify gaps in logging data, and transform raw logs into metrics and actionable insights.
- Contribute to data pipelining, from data preparation to analysis to deployment.
- Support efforts to resolve data quality issues by identifying the root-causes and presenting potential solutions.
- Help democratize data at Remind, focusing on building self service tools (mostly “Explores” in Looker), and helping to teach XFN business users how to use those tools.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.