About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With nearly 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Remind runs one of the largest free services in education, one of the fastest growing school/district SaaS businesses (the Remind Plan), and a new direct to consumer business (Remind Coaching). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.
Design at Remind
The design team creates elegant, user-centered experiences that solve gnarly problems. After all, connecting millions of people through a behavior as straightforward as chatting requires serious simplicity. This takes hard work, honesty, and finely-tuned communication with each other. We take pride in our craft and look to our users first for inspiration. We’re looking for a designer who can humbly approach this problem space and come out the other end with a confident narrative that describes the communication platform of tomorrow. We have a burgeoning design system, an ego-free, supportive critique culture, and healthy relationships with our product, research and engineering partners.
- Want to help millions of students and their families get a bit more help outside of the classroom walls
- Have demonstrated 4+ years of experience shipping products at a tech and product-driven company (bonus if you have worked on a consumer focused, two-sided marketplace)
- Can reduce complex problems to simple narratives and solutions that strike the right balance between flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Consistently iterate through refinements in your work to the finest details
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow
What you'll do:
- Embrace complex design problems and drive simplicity through elegant solutions
- Craft user-centric designs across platforms by incorporating insights from both qualitative and quantitative data—be data-informed and opinionated
- Partner with engineers, designers, researchers, and product managers to build products and features from conception to launch
- Contribute to the vision and overall strategy for our products
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.