Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With over 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
About this role:
The Remind Engineering Team tackles hard and interesting technical challenges, embodies our value of finding a way, and open-sources projects like Empire and stacker. The main tools we use in our backend include Go, Ruby, Typescript, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, and many AWS services (DynamoDB, RDS, ECS, Aurora, Lambda, SNS, SQS, and more). Our Android client is in the process of being migrated to Kotlin, and interfaces with our backend via GraphQL, and persists local data using Room.
Our investors include First Round Capital, GSV, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and Social Capital, and we want you to join us.
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence.
- You have shipped a production app to the Play Store as part of a team.
- You enjoy tackling interesting, complex problems and seeing them through to DONE.
- You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects.
- You write clean, readable code and have significant experience with Kotlin and Java.
- You understand the importance of writing pragmatic, comprehensive unit tests.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement new features to support our over 30 million students, parents, and educators.
- Push forward our effort to get the entire codebase migrated to Kotlin.
- Submit updates to the Google Play Store every two weeks.
- Work with our design team to create and implement a Design Language System to make building new features faster, easier, and more consistent.
- Maintain a 99.99% crash-free rate by embracing immutability through GraphQL and lightweight MVVM patterns.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.