Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With 27 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Our investors include First Round Capital, GSV, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and Social Capital, and we want you to join us.
We're looking for a communication designer to join our small, but mighty product team.
- Concept, design, and evolve Remind's visual identity and high-level brand strategy as we scale while keeping the system fresh, interesting, and inspiring
- Consult, provide resources, standards and systems that empower colleagues to create beautiful and thoughtful brand expressions
- Ensure design is integrated into everything Remind does. Partner with metric-driven teammates to produce the most creatively engaging results
- Be a source of inspiration and partnership for the whole team; brainstorm new ideas for design and content creation with our XFN team based on shared business and user-focused goals
- Implement our brand's visual guidelines across all touchpoints from concept to completion:
- Brand: overall look and feel, visual guidelines, strategy support
- Marketing/Growth: campaigns, print/digital media, website, resources, presentations, notifications, social, blog, collateral
- Product: iconography, illustration, screenshots, brand alignment
- Operations: office design, internal collateral, recruiting/onboarding materials
- Lead team through creative presentations throughout all phases of the project's process—research, strategy, design, and digital/print application.
- Identify and direct necessary external resources to project completion (e.g. photographer, print vendor, contractor, developer, etc.)
- You have 3+ years of work experience in an agency environment or equivalent
- You have a passion for design with a focus on typography, composition, color theory, and brand identity systems
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You're have a bright, energetic, collaborative, goal-driven personality
- You're a self starter with a willingness to roll up your sleeves—no job is too small for you
- You have a strong portfolio, illustrating a diverse set of successful design solutions
- You have experience with art directing campaigns
- You have an interest in working across print, environmental and digital mediums
- You are a clear communicator and you demonstrate a point of view with an ability to talk about your work
- You have a strong understanding of current digital standards and practices
- You can demonstrate understanding of website usability/web optimization best practices
- You possess a strong knowledge of user interface and experience design
- You have a well defined skill set in illustration and/or photography
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Parental leave
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Parking and commuter benefits
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.