About US! Remesh is the world’s first platform for engaging and understanding large groups of people- whether it’s customers, employees, prospects, or constituents- online and in real-time. The Remesh platform uses AI and Machine learning to analyze, understand, and segment responses as they come in- allowing our customers to draw out actionable insights immediately as they are engaging with thousands of participants online.
We are a team of passionate, excited, intelligent, people with a touch of quirk (ie: we are fun!). We are all united by the mission of building something that can help people truly understand each other- across political, geographical, and cultural divides- to help make the world a better, more understanding place.
As of March 2018, Remesh have secured $10 million in our Series A funding. We are excited about disrupting the $70 billion insights industry. We know we’re building something special, and we are looking for passionate people looking to help us create something extraordinary!
Platform Engineer Job Description
We seek a strong backend software engineer with DevOps experience.The ideal candidate will have worked primarily as a backend software developer and through circumstance has acquired working knowledge of DevOps practices, cloud administration, and infrastructure-as-code (IaC) technologies. The role includes development and maintenance of our CI/CD system, our core application backend and tooling to streamline and improve developer efficiency. As this is a high-impact role, the ideal candidate will have high initiative, creativity and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment. Excellent communication skills and empathy are highly desired, since this engineer will make decisions affecting the greater engineering organization.
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience in an Agile environment
- Deep understanding of backend software design and maintenance
- 3+ years of experience in C, C++, Java or other strongly-typed, compiled language
- Excellent software testing skills and an advocate for best-practices
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure and using associated tools
- Google Cloud (strongly preferred), AWS, or Azure
- IaC tools and frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Understanding of CI/CD system design and implementation
- Experience using containers and designing containerized applications
- Experience with container orchestration, scheduling and associated tools is strongly preferred
- Kubernetes (preferred), Docker Swarm or Nomad
The Benefits of Working with Remesh
- Medical Dental Vision Coverage
- 401K plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- An enviable snack pantry
- An energetic team that celebrates, often
- Stipend for ongoing learning
- An office in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District