Remesh is looking for a dynamic Senior Product Designer to lead the design for our new analysis and reporting platform, focused on elegant data visualizations and simple user workflows. The candidate will drive a very approachable, user-friendly, and easy to use design to represent the latest advancements in artificial intelligence.
Who are we?
Remesh is a fast-growing Series A startup based in New York City that is changing the way large groups of people are understood. We have fast revenue growth and are backed by some of the industry’s leading venture capital firms, with investments from General Catalyst, Techstars, and Lionbird Ventures, among others. As an altruistic bunch, we focus not just on advanced data science and artificial intelligence but on making the technology approachable, enjoyable, and engaging to all those who use it. We are happy to call some of the world’s largest brands, top-tier consultancies, change-makers, and even governments as our customers.
What we are looking for:
A Strong Teamwork Mindset
Demonstrates mastery of information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows. Consistently considers the holistic user experience and potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends) in their product work. Additionally, takes responsibility for the UX of the Product Design team’s work — pointing out overlaps and connections between different products, features and platforms. Puts themselves in the shoes of the end-user and advocates that point of view to Group leads, senior management and the Product Design team.
Provides direct and impactful feedback in Group Crit and the larger Product Design Crit, and engages peers in their work. Seeks out feedback from Senior and Staff Designers, to grow their own skills and design toolkit.
Assumes a design leadership role on their Groups and individual feature teams. Collaborates closely with the product and engineering Group leads to set the roadmap and scope of the project they work on.
Contributes not only to the products they work on, but to their Group as a whole. Identifies new design-led projects, gains buy-in and collaborates with other disciplines and departments. Spreads design thinking and enthusiasm across their Group.
Confidence in Tooling
We strive to bring in bright minds and motivated personalities that have an altruistic bent. We expect you to have similar qualities.
Remesh is at a special phase of growth. We are immediately expanding our product team, to further productize our technology into a full-featured solution for use cases within the vertical we made our first home, market research, and beyond. To expand with focus, the product team is growing by way of specialized teams, each growing a specific stage of the product experience; conversation research planning, real-time live conversation, post-conversation data analysis and reporting. As the Senior Product Designer of the Analysis team, you and your team will work together to hit team specific KPI’s. Ownership is encouraged and expected to solve business objective fulfilling problems, in the way your team best sees fit.
- Small, but growing, product team that you can help shape
- Freedom to make tech decisions and have a major impact on our product every day
- Be a part of a rapidly developing product
- Have a lot of independence and freedom
- Empower groups to be better understood all around the world
We look forward to connecting with candidates who have a past making a big splash bringing new features and products to market.
Who are you?
- You are awesome, of course.
- You get true joy from being a wizard/wizard-ess who creates, guides, manages, tells stories, and follows (or improves!) the darn style guide
- You are the autonomous type that can see what is needed without being told
- You are beloved by even the grumpiest of developers
- You lead by example, empowerment, and trust
- You are equal parts bold and humble
- You are as holistic as you are detailed
- You are the line that connects the dots
- You are an expert listener and master communicator
- You are a mediator by nature
- You really like to laugh
- You know who you are
- You are a good friend
- Bachelors degree in Visual Communication, Design (or related field)
- 5+ years experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- High confidence with design tools (Sketch, HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite etc.)
- You are fast, get things done, and keep on trying hard to reach your goal
- You have a passion to understand, assess needs, and create beautiful impactful solutions
- You have a well-developed sense of aesthetic
- Masters degree in HCI, Interactive Design (or related field)
- Previous work experience in both large established organizations, and small growing startups
- Code and Animation skillsets
- Speaks “engineer” :)
Apply today – We’re excited to meet you!