Remarkable Foods is a fast-growing food tech start-up currently in stealth mode, looking to disrupt the food industry. Food brings us together and we hope it will do the same for you.
Note: “Remarkable Foods” is our stealth company name, not our go-to market brand.
What you’ll do
As the Operations Director, you will work closely with the Marketplace leadership to drive our operations strategy and execution to customers, restaurants, and couriers across digital and field channels. You will oversee our Operations support, training, and Courier teams to provide excellent service to our customers and partners at scale with an aggressive rollout strategy.
- Optimizing business and product operations for scale – Evaluate business and operational problems, manage and conduct data-driven analysis to assess potential solutions, and develop strategic recommendations that address the root cause of problems. Drive continuous optimization opportunities to improve key processes including roadmap and product planning process, customer/user feedback, product and strategy development engagement and alignment with key business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Business leaders – Engage with teams and leaders across Marketplace and broader organization (Finance, Analytics, etc.) and coordinate to improve alignment, develop joint priorities and represent Marketplace strategies and objectives in critical decision-making forums.
- Define and manage standard operating processes to operationalize our business and product strategy.
- Create and manage financial viability of delivery approach. Assess mix of hourly and independent courier talent to meet our goals at scale. Assess sourcing partners to meet future growth.
- Launch new product and business capabilities – Take an ownership mindset and strategically thought partner with Product, Tech and Business teams to develop end-to-end rollout plan, and project-manage the implementation. Identify and track performance, measure progress and iterate on needs and requirements accordingly.
- Oversee overall training for Marketplace and build out online presence.
- Support overall operations as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Supply Chain, or any related field
- 10 to 14 years of experience ideally in building out operations, economics, and/or , business consulting
- Economics or quantitative experience is a plus
- Marketplace experience is preferred
- Ability to manage, coach, mentor, and lead a highly successful, national distributed team
- Strong analytical skills and ability to utilize forecasting tools to inform capacity planning and set priorities and strategic direction are mandatory.
- Accustomed to working in a metrics-driven environment and success in developing methods to achieve KPI expectations.
- Ability to lead a national team, providing motivation and clear direction to meet expectations by instilling accountability for quality, sense of urgency, and deepening of customer relationships with both clients and freelance talents.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and environments.
- Self-motivated and directed.
We offer a competitive salary package including equity and 401K with matching. Additionally, we provide multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to meet all of our employees' needs as well as many benefits and perks that are not listed.
A final note
At Remarkable Foods, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.