We’re looking for an experienced Customer Success leader to develop the strategic roadmap and own driving success for every Relyance AI customer. As a member of the executive leadership team, the VP of Customer Success will play a key role in driving customer goals, product utilization, and revenue expansion by ensuring engagement, success, retention, renewal, and growth. The right candidate has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, is passionate about customer advocacy, and has a proven track record of scaling the Customer Success function for Enterprise SaaS startups, and ideally has interest/familiarity/experience with the data protection industry. You will become a trusted advisor to our customers, will deeply understand their business and their needs, and will help them maximize the value they get from the Relyance AI Platform.
This person must be a proven leader who is hardwired to build and execute strategy, as well as offer a best-in-class customer experience. They will be responsible for leading and developing a results-oriented and proactive team, and will architect, execute, and continuously improve operations and processes.
- Define the strategy and detailed execution plan, formulate objectives and key results, and ensure customer goals are met.
- Architect the customer success and solutions strategy to leverage and scale in support of our revenue ambitions.
- Recruit, motivate, and lead a high-achieving, world-class customer success team.
- Drive proof-of-value, product adoption, and long-term engagement by defining the customer journey and optimizing the customer lifecycle, including customer goal achievement, promoting new features, and identifying new use cases.
- Evangelize customer success stories and customer success systems and processes.
- Articulate and drive customer use cases, customer value and expansion while maintaining trusted customer advisor status.
- Full end-to-end responsibility for customer journey from post-sale to on-going success, support, renewals, and business growth.
- Build the process from Sales to Customer Success handoff through Customer Use and on to engineering to communicate requirements and feedback accordingly.
- Partner closely with our Sales, Engineering, and Product leadership in engaging prospective and existing customers to define goals/success criteria, and leverage our product features to achieve them. Drive customer advocacy and influence internal stakeholders by promoting a customer-centric mindset throughout the company.
- Familiarize yourself and team with the data protection domain to deeply understand customer workflows.
- Collaborate across teams to identify and pursue customer growth opportunities.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree and 10-12+ years’ experience leading customer success functions in high-growth SaaS environments; SaaS Sales experience preferred, but not required.
- Have a track record of building and driving the Customer Success arm of an organization from the ground up, with a strong strategic vision for the ideal customer experience.
- Have experience with/passion for early stage (Series A-B) companies.
- Have experience growing and scaling a customer success team from 25-250+ customers.
- Ideally have an understanding of/familiarity with the data protection industry.
- Have a sophisticated business sense and understanding of underlying drivers and strategy of our users’ businesses and needs, and focus on customer conversion and renewal rates of 95%+.
- Have the ability to quickly iterate, recognize growth opportunities, deal with ambiguity, deploy problem-solving skills, demonstrate agility, and communicate effectively through various channels.
- Have extensive go-to-market knowledge and well-developed process management skills, including experience with CRM and engagement tools.
- Are a data-driven decision-maker with exceptional business acumen and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Embody strong empathy for customers and passion for growth, and help customers achieve their desired outcomes.
- Are able to effectively communicate and engage directly with customers and stakeholders within the tech and privacy domains.
- Are a flexible and productive collaborator with a willingness to experiment and drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Have experience working with a variety of different customer profiles, including legal, engineering, IT, security, privacy, and data protection.